I really sucked at seeing movies, at the theater, in 2013; I only made it to 10 movies. I must rectify that for 2014 I hope to see more than 10 movies in the theater this year. At least the movies I saw were either, visually beautiful, funny, intriguing or another one in a series I just couldn’t miss.
- This is 40
- Jack Reacher
- Les Miserables
- The Impossible
- The Great Gatsby
- Fast and Furious 6
- Red 2
- About Time
- Dallas Buyers Club
2014 already started off good for movie viewing, I saw Saving Mr. Banks and Her this past weekend, Some of the other movies I hope to see in 2014 are, what movies are you hoping to see this year?
Hopefully I’ll be able to see a few of these in the theater, and maybe another one this coming weekend…
Camano Island State Park a 2013 place I visited June 22.
So for 2013 I made a list of things I wanted to do, I was successful at completing 16 of the 31 items I had on the list for me that’s a pretty good ratio, 50% better than I had originally guessed. I completely failed at completing 12 of the 31 items and half succeed/half failed at 3 of them. I’ve added all the fails (they are highlighted yellow) to my 2014 list of things I want to do but modified them a bit to make them a little more successful for me. All the things that involve a hike or long walk will be 100% dependent on my knees if they aren’t happy it won’t happen. So who wants to help me cross things off my list?
In 2012 I was in a brunch rut, going to the same places, ordering the same thing over and over again so I decided for 2013 was going to change that and try new places and new things. And you know what I did and I did a pretty good job of it too with a whopping 38 new places, meaning 38 new dishes.
2013 was the year of the chicken and waffles as you can see by the list of some of my favorite dishes.
- Café Parco – South for the Winter: A sweet and savory waffle studded with fresh jalapeno is topped with fried pork belly, cheddar cheese sauce, a sultry Southern style, tomato sauce, a basted egg and fresh jalapenos.
- Duos Lounge – Chicken and Waffles: Cajun Style Chicken with Belgium Waffles and a Chipotle Honey Syrup
- Piatti – Crispy pork belly, creamy grits, salsa verde, balsamic reduction, soft poached egg
- Fiddlehead Fine Foods and Café – Biscuits & Gravy: with sausage gravy, spinach and tomatoes
- Hash House A Go Go – Sage Fried Chicken and Bacon Waffles Crowned with Fried Leeks and a Maple Reduction.
- Brass Tacks – MAD HATCHER CHICKEN & WAFFLES: buttermilk waffle & bourbon maple
- Tractor Room – Andy’s house sage fried chicken benedict: on a split fresh biscuit with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomatoes, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream and scrambled eggs
- Portage Bay Café – Goat Cheese Omelette: organic baby spinach, scallions, crimini mushroom, local Two Oaks goat cheese.
- Salish Lodge – Salish Lodge classic Croque Madame
- Aunt Emma’s – Chocolate chip pancakes
2014 I’ll be continuing with the new brunch places I still have over 30 places on my list that I haven’t tried and I’m sure as the years goes on there will be more added. If you like brunch check out any of the above or be brave and join me for one of my new places this year.