In 2012 I was in a brunch rut, going to the same places, ordering the same thing over and over again so I decided for 2013 was going to change that and try new places and new things. And you know what I did and I did a pretty good job of it too with a whopping 38 new places, meaning 38 new dishes.
2013 was the year of the chicken and waffles as you can see by the list of some of my favorite dishes.
- Café Parco – South for the Winter: A sweet and savory waffle studded with fresh jalapeno is topped with fried pork belly, cheddar cheese sauce, a sultry Southern style, tomato sauce, a basted egg and fresh jalapenos.
- Duos Lounge – Chicken and Waffles: Cajun Style Chicken with Belgium Waffles and a Chipotle Honey Syrup
- Piatti – Crispy pork belly, creamy grits, salsa verde, balsamic reduction, soft poached egg
- Fiddlehead Fine Foods and Café – Biscuits & Gravy: with sausage gravy, spinach and tomatoes
- Hash House A Go Go – Sage Fried Chicken and Bacon Waffles Crowned with Fried Leeks and a Maple Reduction.
- Brass Tacks – MAD HATCHER CHICKEN & WAFFLES: buttermilk waffle & bourbon maple
- Tractor Room – Andy’s house sage fried chicken benedict: on a split fresh biscuit with fresh spinach, hardwood smoked bacon, market tomatoes, griddled mozzarella, chipotle cream and scrambled eggs
- Portage Bay Café – Goat Cheese Omelette: organic baby spinach, scallions, crimini mushroom, local Two Oaks goat cheese.
- Salish Lodge – Salish Lodge classic Croque Madame
- Aunt Emma’s – Chocolate chip pancakes
2014 I’ll be continuing with the new brunch places I still have over 30 places on my list that I haven’t tried and I’m sure as the years goes on there will be more added. If you like brunch check out any of the above or be brave and join me for one of my new places this year.