A long while back I gave up on my new soup project because I made way to many shitty soups in a row. I did not however stop trying new recipes. And the ones I tried were big successes in my book. Unfortunately I did not take pictures because they did not necessarily look pretty but they sure tasted pretty.
Since I like to share and I wanted a place to highlight some of my favorites here are some must make recipes for everyone; any one of these will bring a party to your mouth and if they don’t your mouth might be anti-party and for that I’m sorry.
- Balsamic Watermelon Salad – I used white balsamic vinegar from Gourmet Blends and added a little salt and pepper and this salad is what salad dreams are made of.
- Butter poached lobster with fresh tomatoes – Safeway had lobster tails on sale a while back and I picked some up, not sure what to do with them I found this recipe and had everything is called for so gave it a shot. This, my friend is sex for your mouth, OMG so good! A few weeks later I tried it with shrimp and just as delicious as with lobster do it your mouth with thanks me for it.
- Honey Lime Shrimp – This was delicious, I put everything together on my lunch break and let it marinade for more than an hour which made it wonderfully tasty definitely worth a try.
- Breakfast Burritos – I’ve made a few batches of these and LOVE them for breakfast, I do a mixture of eggs and egg whites, ham, jalapeño peppers, onions, cilantro, tomatoes and cheese, in whole wheat tortilla’s; I freeze them and each morning nuke them in the microwave add a little green pato sauce and it’s a good morning.
- Dragon noodles – These noodles are seriously like crack I use more Sriracha and crushed red pepper flakes than it calls for because I like it hot and this dish will take you to flavor town.
- Restaurant Style Queso Blanco Dip – If you are from San Diego and have had Miguel’s cheese sauce this is something very close to it, the first time I made it I wanted to bathe in it it was that good. The secret is the White American Cheese it makes all the difference and if you are in West Seattle the Morgan Thriftway is the only store I’ve found in the area that had White American Cheese in their deli section. Please note they also have horseradish cheese too and make sure you get White American Cheese because this queso dip made with horseradish cheese is not good, I know from experience.
- Shrimp with tarragon and yogurt sauce – After making this I remembered how much I love tarragon that subtle anise/fennel taste it gives I love yet never think to use it in my day to day cooking. This dish was super easy and tasted like I spent all day slaving in the kitchen to make it. And the note to use some crusty bread to mop up the sauce should be a requirement, the sauce it that fabulous you’ll want to lick the bowl, the bread makes you look more civilized.